21 May 2017 – Come and Try Day
19 May update – places still available and a perfect weather forecast, yippee!
This is a day not to be missed, our open days have a great reputation, with hospitality 2nd to none. We love these open days and our guests do too! Everyone is welcome.
This is your chance to have a go at windsurfing, and or just come along to have a look, have a cake & cuppa and say hello. You should leave very chilled after spending time on our beautiful beach.
We teach the basics on our beach-based simulator by our experienced and qualified RYA Windsurfing Instructors, and followup with a session on the water.
- Open 10am to 3:30pm. Allow 2 hours, last entry 2pm.
- Land based simulator instruction by our RYA qualified instructors, and on the water coaching with safety cover.
- Bring: a swimsuit, towel, and old pair of trainers, £5 entry fee and go for it attitude.
- Wetsuit, buoyancy aid, instruction, drinks and cakes* all included
- Spare places will be available on the day on a ‘first come first served basis’, although booking in advance recommended, email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Donations to cover the excellent drinks and cakes are discretionary.
Children under 8 yrs are unlikely to be strong enough, all students must be able to swim 25m, and be confident going on the water.
Anyone joining on the day and who wishes to complete a 2 days full beginner training course will be given priority, discounted joining, and ridiculously cheap training course fees.
Members, please remember the beach is closed to members for usual windsurfing as it’s just too busy on the beach, sorry.