The premier windsurfing location on the Norfolk Broads, East Anglia, UK. A beautiful relatively safe location, close to the North Sea coast, great winds, beginner loan equipment, excellent facilities, and a warm welcome.
The sport of Windsurfing is great for personal fitness, and sailing along under your own power is the ultimate thrill. We can arrange limited coaching to new members to help learning and to get the most from the club. We occasionally have training days and public ‘come and try’ days too.
If you are interested in joining then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s also further information on joining here.
* The legendary Pleasure Boat tasty BBQ at only £5 each, payable on the night. Not to be missed.
* A great opportunity to catch-up with other members in the lovely beer garden, and warm summer evening.
There will be games, VIPs, raffle, and other things going on. Please Book in advance so that we know how much food to prepare. £5 pp, We are having our BBQ a little earlier this year when it should be warmer and more daylight. Please book your tickets by emailing martinHWC@btinternet.com, pay on the night.
A quick Google will tell you that Simon is probably the leading Windsurfing technique guru on the planet, and he is coming to Hickling. A special price of just £89 for Club members. Suitable for both windy and non-windy conditions. £99 for non-members, + Club £10 day membership.
Unique Skills Training & Coaching System to guarantee your progress!
* Early Planing, Blasting, Fast Short Board Tacks, Gybing + any other requests!
* Perfect technique tune up to give your windsurfing a boost this season!
* You’ll benefit from the proven Windwise Skills Training System
See the Events link on the LHS for booking and more information.
10:30 to 15:00 Sunday 22nd May
- Wow, wow and er..wow again!
- 41 visitors trained on the simulator, and enjoyed windsurfing at the Club in the stunning beauty of Hickling Broad. One of the best Come and Try days over the past 20 years. Lovely and warm on the beach too.
- We think almost half of those visitors will join the Club, and the beginner training courses will be full.
Enormous respect and thanks go to the 20 odd Club members who gave up their time: baking cakes, coaching on the water, event planning, marketing, logistics, managing the car parking, booking slots, instructing, setting up the beach, and manning the safety boat.
In addition, lots of interest and support from the Whitlingham OEC, Norwich 8th Sea Scouts, UEA, City College, Hickling Sailing Club, RYA (Holly), even Norman Lamb our local Member of Parliament dropped by.
Thanks also to the existing members that kept away so that we could get as many visitors on the water as possible. We recognise there is a strong need to run something similar for members to help their windsurfing too.
Many thanks to Martin, John, Mike, Jeff and Dick who turned out to assist in tidying up the premises for the season. The following tasks were tackled:
Removed the green slime from Northern side of the changing rooms, cleaned toilets and showers, raked hedge trimmings from car park, cut back overhanging branches, swept paths and rigging area. All set for 2016.
The East Anglian Tennis and Squash Club hosted the 2015 AGM.
We have had another very successful year at the Club: 2 Come and Try days, 2 training days, fun day and summer barbecue were all well attended and benefitted from good weather. The committee members continued to promote the club at local events and through social media. Although membership renewals were down slightly compared to last year, new members continue to join, well into November, and it was decided to freeze fees for 2016 as the club was in a healthy position.
The committee said good bye to […]