5 January 2021 – Lockdown No.3, & notice of Zoom Quiz meeting on 11 Jan.
Here we go again…we are required to close by law. Along with other Sports venues the Club is closed until at least mid February. 🙁 Stay safe.
In the meantime we are having a ‘zoom’ quiz event on Monday 11 Jan @7:45pm. Lots of prizes including: One year’s free membership raffle, and Quiz prizes too. Also a chance to ask the committee questions. Hope to see lots of members there. (Bring your own booze).
Please register in advance with firstname.lastname@example.org to get your place and zoom details.
26 December – Tier 4 (Stay at Home)
Local exercise is allowed, however the government definition of local is: – “If you need to travel you should stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live” for further details checkout this link. Members need to consider their particular circumstances to decide if their travel to the Club is appropriate, and legal at the moment.
Covid 19 – Special Tier 4 precautions (The brief version 5.0)
1. ‘Check in’, via the App or in the log book
2. Do not use the changing rooms for changing or showering.
3. The toilets and washbasins can be used. One person at a time!
4. No gatherings of more than 2
5. Keep at least 2m apart.
6. The beach, changing rooms and barrier must be locked by the last person leaving – without FAIL.
7. Bring your own wipes, sanitiser, towels, and soap
8. Clean down first aid kits, radios, after use.
9. The Club boat may only be used in cases of a serious emergency, should a competent boat driver be present.
In the case of a risk to life, dial 999.
10. Club beginner kit should be cleaned with disinfectant/ soap and water/ or your own sanitiser before use.
11. Please take your rubbish home with you.
12. Clearly display your car park Sticker.
13. Stay local– do not travel long distances to use our facilities.
As always, if anyone has any questions, suggestions or provide feedback then please email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will review the situation regularly and modify the precautions appropriately.
Note for fb users: Full details and updates are also be published on the “Hickling Windsurfing Club Members” only fb page. Please search fb, go to that page and request access.
The Committee will keep abreast of the evolving Government and RYA advice, and we will keep our risk assessment constantly under review. We will revise and re-issue our advice as appropriate.
All events and training are cancelled until it’s safe to do so. 1:1 buddy sessions may be possible subject to instructors willing to do so.
If you have any questions or if any of this advice is unclear, please let us know. Contact any of the usual email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com