Very satisfying to hear the club delivered to it’s 2018 manifesto and much more. Memberships up 10%, 8 new instructors trained (see pic), 22 beginners trained, 50 taster sessions….the list goes on. Awesome support from the lovely volunteers, instructors, the RYA, Hickling Broad Sailing Club, and the Norfolk Wildlife Trust.
** Honorary membership awarded to Graham Ives for outstanding long term service to the club**
More events and support for members than ever before, here they are so you don’t miss out. The RYA recognise we have a great training set-up, so have just awarded us their Training ‘tick’ logo. What a compliment!
For the latest news and details click on our facebook link on the left of the home page – (viewable by non-facebook users)
- 9,10, June – RUTLAND water – National Watersports Festival
- 16, 17 June Start/L1,L2 Windsurfing Course – SOLD OUT.
- 23,24 June Start/L1,L2 Windsurfing Course – 2 spaces left
- 23 June BBQ on the Beach – apply for e-tickets in advance
- 30 June – 10 July Instructor Training Course
- 7 July Beginner+ 1 Day course –
- 14 July – Wild and Wonderful – 40 year conservation celebrations with the sailing Club and NWT
- 21 July – Race day 2
- 29 July – Simon Bornhoft training course
- 18 August – Fun Day
- 8 September – Race Day 3
We do like our open days, and this year’s was up there with our best. Our visitors must have thought so too, as a staggering 77% of them joined, which is quite an improvement on the 5% from last year. That’s astonishing. A lot of hard work and a beer after. Well done to the 20+ volunteers who made this possible: Gareth, Wendy, John, Patricia, Philip, Keith, Roger, Glynis, Darren, Jeff, Simon, David, Steve, Chris, Darren, Sam, Wendy, Neil, David, Paul and Tone.
you a merry Xmas and a happy new year”
Members on the beach Xmas day 2016.