Come and try day 2012|General Club Discussion|Forums|Hickling Windsurfing Club

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Come and try day 2012
June 10, 2012
11:26 am
Martin
Members
Forum Posts: 60
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

With a wind speed of up to 35mph (Force 7 gusts) then this was far too windy for beginners and therefore cancelled.

However, for club members this turned out to be a great days windsurfing and a chance to dust off their smaller boards and sails for some high speed fun. This gave me the opportunity to get my 115 ltr F2 ride out for the first outing this year, with 5.9m sail. It may be an old board now (14yrs) but at just 59cm wide it’s ideal for cutting through the chop and planing through the lulls.Many others had smaller boards and sails, resulting in smiles all-round. Great to see the car park full and lots of members making the most of the conditions. A welcome change from the rest of the year that for me has required my formula board and 9m sail to get going in lighter winds.

Thanks to those that put in so much effort to prepare for the Come and Try day, cooking cakes and getting tables and equipment to the club etc. I sampled Kathy’s delicious cakes (thanks) … another reason to look forward to the next C&T day!

June 10, 2012
8:04 pm
Graham
Norwich
Members
Forum Posts: 20

CoolI must agree with you that it was a great day for club members. Having only sailed a few light wind sessions this year after a forced lay off over the winter I was a little apprehensive about the gusty conditions. I was well maxed on my 86 ltrJP Super Cross and rarely used 5mtr Blast, so much so that my first two trips were out and return in order to catch my breath and slow the heart rate!
Coaxing an 86ltr onto the plain leaving the beach, with it’s wind shadows, was proving difficult but once up and beyond the point and with my confidence growing, it was awesome. For me it was one of the best days I have had on Hickling with a 5 mtr. Reminiscent of Vass in the naughties!!
‘Vass now there’s a thought.’
Thanks to Kathy who baked some great chocolate cakes for come and try, they were much appreciated by my fellow blasters!

June 11, 2012
11:38 pm
Martin
Members
Forum Posts: 60

GREAT NEWS – due to popular demand the 2012 C&T day has been re-scheduled for 18 August 2012.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 160
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Martin: 60
Philip: 34
mike: 30
Dicky Boy: 24
Mighty Midget: 22