Corona Virus – keeping safe
4 November 2020. LD#2. The government have instructed all outdoor sports Clubs and amenities to close until at least 2 December 2020. The Club is therefore out of bounds until further notice.
24 September update – As part of helping to combat the virus the Club now has a legal obligation to record contact details of all who visit the Club. Members and visitors are therefore required to check in with either the log in the men’s changing room, or scan the QR code on the outside of the building.
Covid 19 – Special precautions (The brief version 4.0)
Please be careful to heed these rules to help keep the Club open and to reduce the risk of viral transmission.
Follow the latest Government advice at all times.
1. Do notuse these rooms for changing, or showering.
2. The toilets and washbasins can be used.
3. No gatheringsof more than 6
4. Keep at least 2m apart.
5. The beach, changing rooms and barrier must be locked by the last personleaving – without FAIL.
6. Bring your own wipes, sanitiser, towels, and soap
7. Clean down first aid kits, radios, after use.
9. The Club boat may only be used in cases of a serious emergency, should a competent boat driver be present. In the case of a risk to life, dial 999.
10. Club beginner kitshould be cleaned with disinfectant/ soapand water/ or your own sanitiser before use.
11. Please take your rubbish home with you.
12. Clearly display your car park Sticker.
Please do enjoy your exercise, and be extra cautious to keep safe on the water to avoid the need to be rescued which puts others at risk.
As always, if anyone has any suggestions or further feedback then please email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will review the situation monthly and modify the precautions appropriately.
Note for fb users: Full details and updates are also be published on the “Hickling Windsurfing Club Members” only fb page. Please search fb, go to that page and request access.
The Committee will keep abreast of the evolving Government and RYA advice, and we will keep our risk assessment constantly under review. We will revise and re-issue our advice as appropriate.
All events and training are cancelled until it’s safe to do so. 1:1 buddy sessions may be possible subject to instructors willing to do so.
If you have any questions or if any of this advice is unclear, please let us know. Contact any of the usual email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com